Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 09:20:49 +0100
From:      Matthias Teege <matthias@mteege.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: coda filesystems

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 11:41:54PM -0500, Nathan Mace wrote:
> has anyone here tried to use the coda filesystem on freebsd?  it an
Yes and it works.

> alternative to NFS, but i can't get it to work.  if anyone has used it
Maybe. What is the problem that would be solved? CODA is only
usefull if you have more than one Fileserver or disconnected clients
like notebooks.

> before, maybe you could me what to do to fix it when venus reports thats it
> can't access /dev/cfs0?!  i know this is a long shot, but any info would help

Do you compile the a new kernel with the specific options? There is
also a patch vor MAKEDEV to build the cfs device.

Bis dann
Matthias

--
Matthias Teege -- matthias@mteege.de -- http://www.mteege.de