Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 15:56:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        imp@village.org, rivers@dignus.com
Cc:        behanna@zbzoom.net, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jim@siteplus.net, steve@sse0691.bri.hp.com
Subject:   Re: 4.1-RELEASE pccard?

> In message <200010041144.HAA84948@lakes.dignus.com> Thomas David Rivers writes:
> :  it turns out that `sum' was not 0xff (but 0x51) as it should have
> :  been... but, everything looks just fine to me... (of course, I'm
>
> This is odd. My -current box works great for my linksys card, modulo
> the removal of interrupts on eject issues that have come up in the
> SMPng stuff.
>
> Warner

 Well - the only reason I thought it might be the LinkSys card is
 that it claims to be a FastEthernet 10/100...

 The trade-mark is SmartLink , which appears to be the Archtek America
 Corporation.

 The floppy has drivers for Linux - when a do a strings on the
 objects, etc... the only semi-meaningful thing to come out is
   lnax100
   pcnet_reset_8390
   8390.c:v1.10cvs 9/23/94 Donal Becker (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)

 The bar-code on the box says 100BTX-16, the `official' name from
 the www.archtek.com web page appears to be:

    SmartLink EP100-BTX-16(C) 10/100Mbps 16 bit Auto-Sensing PCMCIA
    Ethernet Card.

 I couldn't find anything in the manual, on the box or on the
 web page that indicated what the chipset was...

 The Windows/2000 drivers did have:

    %*LNA100N.DeviceDesc%=LNA100N.ndi,PCMCIA\PCMCIA-FastEthernet-7898

 Do any of these cryptic strings mean anything to anyone?

 	- Dave Rivers -