Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 20:42:56 +0000
From:      Mike Zanker <A.M.Zanker@open.ac.uk>
To:        stable <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Help! Cannot boot system

At 18:43 28/01/99 , Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:

>Place your 3.0-RELEASE boot floppy in and boot:
>
>    0:wd(0,a)/generic
>
>Should do it for you.

Thanks, it did - however, I've now realised that this does little more than
boot me into the installation program.

I think the easiest way for me to get back in would be for some kind person
to make a recent 3.0-STABLE generic ELF kernel that they have compiled
available to me. Is there anybody who can place such a kernel somewhere I
can ftp it from?

I would be very grateful!

Thanks,

Mike
--
Mike Zanker, Academic Computing Service, The Open University, UK
Tel: +44 1908 652726, Fax: +44 1908 652193

Views expressed are personal and do not necessarily reflect University opinion.