Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:02:20 +0900
From:      Ganbold <ganbold@micom.mng.net>
To:        obrien@freebsd.org
Cc:        cguttesen@yahoo.dk
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.3 problem on Dual AMD64 2.1GHz with 8GB RAM

Hi,

At 05:15 PM 10/26/2004, you wrote:
>On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 03:15:13PM +0900, Ganbold wrote:
> > I still have problem running FreeBSD 5.3 with 8GB RAM on Dual amd64 2.1GHz
> > (IBM @server 325, ServeRAID 6M) with 8GB RAM.
>.
> > CPU: AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 248 (2193.18-MHz K8-class CPU)
>
>BTW, AMD doesn't make 2.1 GHz CPU's.  You have a 2.2 GHz CPU.

You are right.

> > It was working ok with 4 GB RAM. Afterwards I added another 4GB RAM and
> > tried to boot FreeBSD
> > with 8GB RAM.
>
>An IBM e325 has only 6 DIMM slots, specifically what RAM configuration
>are you using?  Do you have ECC turned on?  Are using DRAM scrubbing?
>What is your BIOS memory interleaving settings?

I have 2GB x 4 = 8GB RAM and ECC is turned on and I have following settings
in BIOS:

4GB Memory Hole adjust  -> AUTO
DRAM Bank interleave            -> AUTO
Node memory interleave  -> Disabled
ACPI SRAT table         -> Disabled
HPET Timer                      -> Enabled
ECC                             -> Enabled
DRAM ECC                        -> Enabled
ECC Scrub Redirection           -> Disabled
Chip-Kill                       -> Enabled
DCACHE ECC Scrub CTL    -> Disabled
L2 ECC Scrub CTL                -> Disabled
Dram ECC Scrub CTL              -> Disabled

Is there anything wrong in BIOS settings?

thanks,

Ganbold