Date:      Fri, 05 Nov 1999 08:06:10 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        up@3.am
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: login.conf and resource limits

At 11:36 PM 11/4/99 , up@3.am wrote:

>I got news for you, that ain't going to stop the DoS.  Compile and run
>this code as a user from your shellu class  It will crash your server, so
>don't do it on a production box (BTW, I had checked the security list
>archives and saw a thread on this, but no answers that worked):

Yes, I know it does not prevent that... See the discussion in current as to
the upcoming fix. There is also the mmap DOS. I believe there is a fix for
that in Current, but not STABLE.  It wasnt clear in your original post that
you wanted to prvent this particular DOS, which is not possible right now.

	---Mike