Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 14:00:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        Darryl Hoar <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: djbdns - Config questions

Darryl Hoar wrote to freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG:

> [...]
> Yes I have setup the alias per the website.  I look at the log
> file for dnscache and it looks ok.  I look at the log file for
> tinydns and it has:
>   tinydns: fatal: unable to bind UDP socket: address already used
>
> What am I missing here ?
>
> I want tinydns and dnscache to be running on the same box.  I want
> all my local Windows clients to have their primary dns setting point
> to this box.  I have followed the instructions for making dnscache
> act as a forwarding proxy server.  What am I missing ?

You have two services on port 53, on the IP address in question. Be
careful that, if you are trying to run two daemons on port 53, that they
are explicitly bound to different IP addresses. You can see what is
running on port 53 with sockstat(1).

> I can provide more info, if its needed.
>
> thanks,
> Darryl

  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Network Administrator, Accounts

  #106-380 3120 8th St E - Saskatoon, SK - S7H 0W2

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-664-1161   Saskatoon