Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:08:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Stanley Hopcroft <Stanley.Hopcroft@IPAustralia.Gov.AU>
Cc:        FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Why won't bind 8.2.4-REL run properly as as user bind  (4.5-REL-p3) not chrooted ?

On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Stanley Hopcroft wrote:

> Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> I am writing to ask you help with bind after a recent OS upgrade (from
> an old 4.3-STABLE to 4.5-REL-p3).

	You should not be running a version of named that old. Go install
the 8.3.1 version in ports, and change your /etc/rc.conf file to point to
/usr/local/sbin/named instead of just 'named'. 8.3.1 has no problems
running chroot'ed.

Good luck,

Doug

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?