Date:      Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:17:54 +0200
From:      Florent Thoumie <flz@xbsd.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports version upping policy?

--=-/oFGaQ8cI4EGcWY0lgcM

Le Vendredi 15 avril 2005 =E0 08:12 -0400, Dan Langille a =E9crit :
> On 15 Apr 2005 at 11:09, Ulrich Spoerlein wrote:
>=20
> > >=20
> > > Have a look at http://beta.freshports.org/archivers/9e/ for an
> > > example.
> >=20
> > That's nice. But what I would like to see is an icon for the mainpage
> > where all recent commits are shown. That way, when Kris goes into
> > broken-spree next time, one can easily guess if the port is maintained
> > (and will be fixed by the maintainer) or if it is unmaintained and one
> > should probably submit a PR oneself.
> >=20
> > Right now, we have:
> >=20
> > [Time Committer] Link-to-Commit-Message
> > name version category another-link {broken|restricted|vulnerable|...} d=
escr
> >=20
> > How about adding a red 'U' to that list (similar to 'R' in restricted)
> > if maintainer =3D=3D ports@freebsd.org ?
>=20
> That's easy enough to add.  If someone finds me a really nice U, I'll=20
> add it in.

	I'm not sure you'll find a nice 'U' or that people will=20
	understand that it means "unmaintained". I can propose a red=20
	cross so that people will think "oooh poor port, I wish I could=20
	take care of it" or maybe a larger image saying "adopt a port=20
	today !".

--=20
Florent Thoumie
flz@xbsd.org