Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:13:55 +0300
From:      Voicu Liviu <pacman@mscc.huji.ac.il>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fxp0

--=.1sk.bzs3u:gna'

B E T I V U L E !!!

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 09:02:31 +0100 (BST)
Florin Betivoiu <flow_of_rhin@yahoo.com> wrote:

>      Hello. I am using FreeBSD 4.8 for learning. I love it, is my operati=
ng
> system of choice. I have some problems however. I installed it on a
> system and after a while I decided I want it on another system too. But
> the first install was thru ftp and it was a big effort so I didn't want t=
o ftp it
> again (and bother all those people) so I looked for a different
> solution. It came from one of you guys: dump and restore. I did this:
> I put the second harddrive in the system as secondary master and
> created a slice and partitions. The harddrives both had windows
> partitions on them so the source slice was /dev/ad0s2 and the
> destination slice was /dev/ad2s2. Then I mounted the partitions I wanted
> to fill up and for each one did a dump and a restore. For example,
> the /usr partition got this:
> =20
> #mount /dev/ad2s2g /mnt/s2/usr
> #dump -0uaf - /dev/ad0s2g | (cd /mnt/s2/usr; restore -rf - )
> =20
>      Now the system I just created has a problem which I hope you can hel=
p me with. The kernel fills up ttyv0 with messages like
> these:
> =20
> fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xfff
> fxp0: device timeout
> fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xfff
> fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xfff
> fxp0: SCB timeout: 0xff 0xff 0xff 0xfff
> fxp0: DMA timeout
> .... and they keep on coming
> =20
>      Now I don't think it's a hardware problem, the two systems are
> absolutely the same and I didn't have any problems before (with
> windows). Help me? Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> =20
>=20
>=20
rg"

--=20
Voicu Liviu
Rothberg International School
Computation center, Mount Scopus
Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Tel: 972(2)-5881253
E-mail: pacman@mscc.huji.ac.il

Click here to see my GPG signature:
	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?template=3Dnetensearch%2Cnete=
nnomatch%2Cnetenerror&search=3Dpacman%40mscc.huji.ac.il&op=3Dvindex&fingerp=
rint=3Don&submit=3DGet+List

--=.1sk.bzs3u:gna'

--=.1sk.bzs3u:gna'--