Date:      Thu, 21 Aug 1997 01:50:12 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Simon Lindgren <lindgren@www.istudio.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail and extended headers

I've tried asking everywhere about this... everybody just ignores me (?)

Some E-mail clients transmit extended headers, like the X-mailer header
etc... I dont want it to (reasons include shortening the messages, and
privacy concerns). Is there a way for the glorious sendmail 8.8.7 to strip
headers of my choice if there's no way to tell the mailer to do it itself?
I mean, the damn thing can rewrite almost every other information, so
why not this? If not, is anyone aware of a hack that will do this? A
proxy perhaps?

Simon Lindgren
simon@lindgren.no