Date:      Tue, 11 Oct 2005 14:07:38 +0300
From:      Mihai Tanasescu <mihai.tanasescu@mediasat.ro>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apcups hanging system

Hello,

I've just recently installed apcupsd on a FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p7 machine.

I have the following setup:

APC UPS -- Linux Machine with apcupsd(Network Information Server) --- >
FreeBSD machine with apcupsd.

If I issue apctest without configuring anything on the FBSD machine the
system hangs without giving any error messages/without dumping anything
on the screen.

So far I haven't been able to figure out what's causing this.

Anyone ever stumbled upon something like this ?