Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:16:49 -0500
From:      Jason Garman <jgarman@wedgie.org>
To:        hometeam <hometeam@techpower.net>
Cc:        Gawel <gawel@sim.com.pl>, Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>, Grigoriy Strokin <grg@philol.msu.ru>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New kernel with its ATA drivers damages the filesystem

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 08:53:38AM -0500, hometeam wrote:

> I agree this really should be fix ...I notcied this straight away and sent
> mail to the group...Now it is damaging file Systems after the fact and
> wiping out file systems... I mean change the
> hardware ??? Why not fix the driver ?

Because in my experience at least it is a hardware problem, not unlike the
old cmd640 and rz1000 bugs.  Granted there should be an easy way to
disable dma in the kernel config (so that you can disable it early on,
before bootup and also during installation)

enjoy
--
Jason Garman                                         http://web.wedgie.org/
Student, University of Maryland                          jgarman@wedgie.org