Date:      Sat, 12 May 2007 12:53:23 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        henrik@brixandersen.dk
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ejecting PCMCIA/CardBus cards under -CURRENT

In message: <20070512162447.GA97726@tirith.brixandersen.dk>
            Henrik Brix Andersen <henrik@brixandersen.dk> writes:
: Hi,
:
: On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 04:41:20PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > No.  It won't.  Why does that matter?  There's no problems that I'm
: > aware of doing this (apart from not unmounting disks)...
:
: I see - but we used to have a userland tool (pccardc(8)) which could
: control the slot power?

Yes.  We used to.

: Linux and Windows XP also have means of controlling PC Card slot
: power. Perhaps I should look into adding a sysctl for controlling the
: power state of a given pccard slot.
:
: This feature would also allow powering down a card without removing it
: from the slot.

It would be useful.

Warner