Date:      Tue, 11 Jan 2000 18:48:10 +0100
From:      Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
To:        Dominic Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/16065: small note about HP printers.

Thus spake Dominic Mitchell (Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk):

>  > > +	  printer-network interface.  Note that if you are using a
>  > > +	  Hewlett Packard Laserjet, then the printer name
>  > > +	  <literal>text</literal> will automatically perform the LF to
>  > > +	  CRLF conversion for you, so you will no longer require the
>  > > +	  hpif script above.</para>
>  > Hmm. I have a HP Laserjet 4, and I need this script.
>  > I've tried it without it, and - huuu - it was just LF without CR.
>  > What a sudden.
>  Interesting.  I found this on HP's web site a while back and it works on
>  all the printers at our site.

I'm sorry. I mixed stuff. I had problems with the CR on printing over
parallel cable, my printer-network-interface indeed does this
conversion.

I remember how suprised I was, when I first did this and used no
filter.

So far the above patch is right and I'm wrong, I think it just could
be committed *duck*

..

--
I doubt, therefore I might be.