Date:      Wed, 10 Feb 1999 10:03:51 +0000
From:      Dom Mitchell <Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk>
To:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lots of "panic: vrele: negative ref cnt"

David Malone writes:
> We think we've sorted out this problem. Trying to make a cross
> device link to an NFS filesystem decreases the reference count
> twice, so if you do this a few times you can panic a machine. I've
> submitted a gnats report (kern/9970).

I can confirm that this also halts my crashes with nmh's spost command.
I'll leave it up to an NFS guru to tell whether it's the *right* fix,
but it's certainly something that needs looking at, quickly.

Thanks for your help.
--
Dom Mitchell -- Palmer & Harvey McLane -- Unix Systems Administrator
the system manager.