Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2007 00:01:02 -0700
From:      Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon@orthanc.ca>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        John Marshall <john@rwsrv05.mby.riverwillow.net.au>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Proposed change to rcorder for ypset

> If anyone is interested in and/or knowledgeable about NIS and would
> like to weigh in on the following PR, please feel free. I plan to
> commit this change to HEAD sometime next week if there is no
> objection.

To my mind, the proper solution is to move the /etc/rc.d/ypset
functionality into /etc/rc.d/ypbind, and eliminate /etc/rc.d/ypset
altogether.  ypset(8) is only ever consumed by ypbind(8), so
splitting them apart like this just adds needless complexity.

I would eliminate the nis_ypset_enable rc.conf variable, and have /
etc/rc.d/ypbind invoke ypset(8) directly if nis_ypset_flags is not
empty.

--lyndon