Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 15:10:55 -0400
From:      Anthony Volodkin <anthonyv@brainlink.com>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   pppoed in 4.6/4.6.1-RELEASE

Hi,

I've recently configured a PPPoE server on a 4.3-RELEASE machine and
also on a 4.5-PRERELEASE box.  On both boxes it works well.   My setup
involves /usr/libexec/pppoed running as a daemon, which in turn starts a
copy of ppp.  For the most part, I used this document to set it all up:
http://www.rensel.com/wireless/pppoe.cfm

Today, I upgraded the 4.5-PRERELEASE machine to 4.6.1-RELEASE and pppoed
no longer works.   I tried running it with the -d flag to try to
diagnose the problem but it appeared that the daemon would simply never
receive client requests.  Using tcpdump, I verified that the requests do
get to the pppoed interface.  Did anyone encounter this issue before?  I
can send ppp configs, and anything else necessary.

I would love to use mpd for this task, however it seems to be unable to
be a PPPoE server. :(

Regards,
Anthony Volodkin