Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 2003 17:46:16 +0200
From:      Simon Barner <barner@in.tum.de>
To:        Matthias Andree <ma@dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Cc:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RFC: What to do with Mozilla

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

Matthias Andree schrieb am Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 02:15:00AM +0200:
> "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs@rrr.de> writes:
>=20
> > Yes, that's a bit unfortunate if an important project like OOo, galeon,
> > epiphany... would break.
>=20
> Makes me wonder if one should bother about Galeon at all.

I wouldn't be too sure about that assumption...

> The first
> thing I do after installing SuSE Linux 8.2 is rpm -e galeon so that I
> can update Mozilla :-)

We are talking about FreeBSD here, aren't we?

> The actual reason is I couldn't care less for a
> browser, I've _always_ had some troubles with Galeon that the
> corresponding Mozilla version didn't have.

Did you file any bug reports?

Apart from all that, Galeon 1.3.9 claims to be source compatible with
Mozilla 1.4, 1.5a, 1.5b, and trunk (
http://galeon.sourceforge.net/news/index.php#64), so one can exspect
that Mozilla 1.5+ will be supported by Galeon 1.3.x a.k.a Galeon 2
sooner or later. The Galeon developers state that they plan to keep
Galeon 1 source compatible with the most recent Mozilla versions, too.

Regards,
 Simon

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8--