Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 23:32:20 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@smtp.ne.mediaone.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Another firewall question - spoofing prevention and syntax

Another firewall question, not for the faint of heart:

Is the following valid?

# Refuse incoming packets pretending to be from the external address.
ipfw add deny log all from $IPADDR to any via (null) in

# Refuse incoming packets claiming to be from a Class A, B or C
private network
ipfw add deny all from $CLASS_A to any via (null) in
ipfw add deny all from $CLASS_B to any via (null) in
ipfw add deny all from $CLASS_C to any via (null) in

I can't find any reference to the use of (null) as the interface name
to prevent spoofing, but the tool I use online does this
automagically.

Any ideas?

TIA & HAND
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc       leblanc@acadia.ne.mediaone.net
http://acadia.ne.mediaone.net                 ԿԬ

QOTD:
  Y'know how s'm people treat th'r body like a TEMPLE?
  Well, I treat mine like 'n AMUSEMENT PARK...  S'great...