Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 08:56:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@trojanhorse.ml.org>
To:        john hood <cgull+usenet-879403020@smoke.marlboro.vt.us>
Cc:        jerry_hicks@bigfoot.com, FreeBSD-Hackers <hackers@hub.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Pentium Bug Fix...

Oh thats good, just what we need.  Hack a damn module binary to figure out
what it is doing.  Anybody have any real data on how this might be
repaired?  Makes me wonder if they are scanning the code segment of all
loaded programs for that pattern or something evil to that extent.

That would be basically like a heuristic virus scanner under dos?  I guess
the intel bug just made a whole lot of servers into dos machines.