Date:      Mon, 31 May 1999 12:39:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Gurudatt Shenoy <gurudatt@cs.tamu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Kernel Compilation Speedup?

Hello,

When I make a change to one kernel file - uipc_socket.c and do a "make",
(or make depend followed by make),  all the files in the kernel seem to be
recompiled again. It takes about one hour on my 486 DX to build the new
kernel.

Is there an established way to speed up things so that only the one file
will be recompiled and the rest just linked into the new kernel? It would
save me a lot of time!

Thanks,
Guru

PS: Please reply to me direct as I am not on the FreeBSD Questions list
yet.