Date:      Tue, 04 May 2004 10:05:17 -0500
From:      Jon Noack <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
To:        Josef El-Rayes <josef@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: lock order reversal status page

On 5/3/2004 3:32 PM, Josef El-Rayes wrote:

>>>< SCNR >
>>>put it in in bold <b>http://..../</b>;
>>>< /SCNR >
>>>
>>>I do not like the idea to have an URL in the kernel sources but maybe
>>>the only way one may see this is s.th. like:
>>>
>>>--- dmesg excerpt ---
>>>lock order reversal
>>>------------------------------------------------------------
>>>please first read this before submitting PR or posting:
>>>http://..../
>>>------------------------------------------------------------
>>>1st 0xc5a585ac vm object (vm object) @ sys/vm/swap_pager.c:1313
>
> why not just put a note in the UPDATING file?
>
> -josef

Why don't people just search the email archives before asking the same
question for the 10th time?  Putting a note in the LOR message will
direct people to the information they need and cut down on list noise.
This is the best way I can see to reduce (if not solve) the problem.

I think it's a good idea, but I can understand the desire to avoid
polluting the source.  Regardless, I don't have the
knowledge/power/seniority/etc. to make this decision, so I will defer to
those who do.

Jon Noack