Date:      Tue, 8 May 2001 00:10:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   dhcp and network neighbourhood

I have installed isc-dhcpd3, and once I start using
dhcp for ip configuration instead of static ip
settings, i could no longer browse network
neighbourhood.

I have the netbios options in my dhcpd.conf settings,
as well as dynamic dns under bind8.
(pretty much followed the example config in the dhcpd
man page)

I put in  a samba (2.0.6) server running as the local
browse master, and any given client computer (i have
win2k and win98se) could then see itself, and the
samba server properly, but not the shares on the other
computers. (they can, however, see the other
machines).

nmbclient seems to resolve netbios names properly,
FWIW.

Web/ML archives yielded no useful info.
Any ideas?
Oh, and i'm running FreeBSD4.2.