Date:      Mon, 08 Dec 2008 16:04:29 +0000
From:      "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Vimage howto

Julian,

Thank you (and Marko) very much for preparing this document.

The VIMAGE import has had me at something of an impasse re: the IGMPv3
branch and clearly written documentation is a big help indeed.

Julian Elischer wrote:
> Well not completely, but I've had a number of questions over the
> last few months about what it is, so, as Marko and I have written
> the following "how to virtualize your module" document, I've been
> directing people to it. After another couple of questions I think
> this could do with wider distribition..

Thank you also for providing it here on the list, as opposed to relying
on Perforce alone. Whilst I understand committers rate p4 for
experimental work in the FreeBSD sphere, sadly it is simply not
accessible to the not-so-silent majority in the FreeBSD sphere who are
not committers, which makes its continued use questionable at best.

regards,
BMS