Date:      Sat, 3 Nov 2001 04:32:46 +0100 (CET)
From:      Janko van Roosmalen <janko@compuserve.com>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        Kevin Anderson <watieri@earthlink.net>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installation Problem - Hardware Detection

On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Annelise Anderson wrote:

[snip]

> I assume you really used kern.flp, not boot.flp.  boot.flp is a 2.88-size
> image for 2.88 floppy drives (which few of us have) and is also used as
> the image the boots from a CD.

[snip]

After a couple of FreeBSD installations, I installed FreeBSD 4.4 last
week.
And I did it again. Put in the wrong floppy. I find the names of the
floppy images rather confusing.

How about changing "boot.flp" to "boot288.flp" and the kernel.flp and
mfsroot.flp to "boot144a.flp" and "boot144b.flp" ?

Janko van Roosmalen