Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:56:39 -1000
From:      Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        herbert langhans <herbert.raimund@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Purple photos on firefox..

herbert langhans wrote:
> Aloha Al,
> its all kosher with the monitor, cables and graphic card. When I open a website, like a magazine, then I have i.e 10 pictures showing up well and two totally in purple.
>
> It must be a software issue. Just wonder where it comes from. Firefox 3.5? The Firefox libraries? Screendriver? Freebsd 7.2? A bug in the graphic card hardware (has never done this)? Or some combination of it.
>
> I will check for Adam's suggestion to take a look at the update notes and the dependencies.
>
> Is a wacky bug, thats sure.
>
> Thanks
> herb langhans
>

> On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:16:02 -1000
> Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net> wrote:
>
>> Steve Bertrand wrote:

>>> I can't resist... was it about 1620 hrs when you witnessed this?
>>>
>>> ;) Steve
>> ###############
>>

>> Aloha,
>>
>> Check your monitor video "cable" I had one here with a bad cable that
>> turned the screen green occasionally.
>>

>> ~Al Plant - Honolulu, Hawaii -  Phone:  808-284-2740
>>    + http://hawaiidakine.com + http://freebsdinfo.org +
>>    + http://aloha50.net   - Supporting - FreeBSD 6.* - 7.* - 8.* +
>>    < email: noc@hdk5.net >
>> "All that's really worth doing is what we do for others."- Lewis Carrol

Aloha,

Have fun tracking it down. I just had a Desktop box fail (No Nothing)
here after being off for a month and it was solved by cleaning the video
card , memory and network contacts. We are in Hawaii where it is cool at
night and warm in the day and our office is only screens so its open to
the elements. Sometimes the corrosion gets to the contacts and I have to
clean the cards and connectors with alcohol and up it comes.