Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 15:37:20 -0500
From:      "Gerald T. Freymann" <freymann@eagle.ca>
To:        "Alexander V P" <alex@big-blue.net>
Cc:        "Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Hacker history file - OUCH

|O|> do you keep/have logs about what ftp transfers he did?

 No. We don't log much of the FTP activity at all.

|O|> did you send mail to root@he.net, or .mx domain?

 Yes to the he.net domain, the .mx is next (I had to run out on a service
call!)

|O|> any idea how he break in?

 None. I'm about to run Tripwire. I haven't run it in a long while. Should
be interesting. Someone was on the machine last year and they like to use
the "amanda" user for some reason.

|O|> what freebsd you're using?

 This is an older box. FreeBSD 2.2.5. I'm working on a replacement box right
now actually, going to FreeBSD 4.1.2 with RAID1. Guess I should get hopping.

-Gerry