Date:      Thu, 05 Oct 2000 23:15:55 +0200 (IST)
From:      Roman Shterenzon <roman@harmonic.co.il>
To:        Alex Hayward <xelah@xelah.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE2 fails to compile in strangest possible way

Quoting Alex Hayward <xelah@xelah.com>:

> KDE doesn't use CORBA. There have also been a number of reports on the
> KDE
> lists that recent sources have got a lot better performance wise,
> including on low end machines.
It's really not the right list, and I must admit that I dislike both of them,
but it *seems* that KDE runs faster than GNOME. I mean the old KDE.
This is strange due to the fact that KDE is C++ and GNOME is C and one would
expect the C one to be faster.
This hold true for both FreeBSD and Linux I've seen GNOME and KDE on.

P.S. Lets not discuss it any further though :)

--Roman Shterenzon, UNIX System Administrator and Consultant
[ Xpert UNIX Systems Ltd., Herzlia, Israel. Tel: +972-9-9522361 ]