Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 22:14:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
To:        Andrew Gillham <gillham@andrews.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stability questions...

On Tue, 17 Oct 1995, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> I installed FreeBSD 2.0.5-RELEASE over the weekend, and I have
> been having problems with it.  What I am seeing is "cc1 interrupted
> by signal 11" or similar when I am trying to compile a kernel.
> Restarting make will eventually get it all built though.  Is this a
> known problem with 2.0.5-RELEASE, or is my hardware flakey?
> My hardware:
> 	ASUS SP3G w/AMD DX4/100

	this motherboard is rock solid.  i have been using one for over 6
months now.  doing make worlds and all sorts of compiling--no problems.

	do you have L2 cache set to write-thru or write-back??

	the board comes withOUT the sram needed to support write-back.
(this sram $123 will gain you 10% speed up on a make world. thanks rod! ;)

> 	32MB
> 	NCR PCI SCSI
> 	Micropolis MC2217
> 	3c509 (not a 'b')
> 	ATI GUP ISA

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
FreeBSD Postmaster   jmb@FreeBSD.Org            | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346