Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 13:52:21 -0500
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@immure.com>
To:        hackers list <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   useloopback variable

I am working on a network device driver that is currently forced to talk
to it'self (RX/TX cables are looped back into it) and I am trying to get
the system to not use the loopback interface but send the packets to my
driver.

I have cleared the net.link.ether.inet.useloopback sysctl variable but
the packets still never get to my driver. Is there something else that I
must do?

Note that although my driver is not for ethernet (it's for a GSN
adapter), I use nearly all of the ethernet code in the kernel, so I am
guessing that this sysctl variable would apply to my case.

My system is 4.2-stable as of about Jan 10th

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox      Egotist, n.: