Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 18:04:18 -0400
From:      charlespeters@chickenbean.com
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Virtual Domains

I am currently running 2.2.6-Release on a freebsd box which is co-located at
my isp's facility.  I would like to set up a virtual domain on my server,
but I am confused as to how to do this.  I do not really understand the
following line in the rc.conf line:

	ifconfig-lo0_alias0="inet 127.0.0.254 netmask 0xffffffff" # sample alias
entry

My isp tells me that the virtual domain is now mapped to my hostname.

Also, are there any other files that need to be modified.

Thanks in advance.

Charles

charlespeters@tecpro.com
charlespeters@chickenbean.com