Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 10:49:58 +0200
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@alice.it>
To:        "Thomas Uhrfelt" <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: maillog pretty printer

At 09.55 18/08/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Is there anyone out there that have a ready to run perl/shell script that
>parses the maillog and generates statustables and makes it a bit more
>readable? I could of course dig down into the O'Reilly books and learn Perl

  I'm using two simple scripts, one for SMTP and one for POP3. FYI on my
mail server they're executed by a small shell script put in crontab and the
output is sent to my mailbox. I don't remember where I got them... They're
relatively small, anyway I'm sending you the scripts by mail; if someone
else needs them, just ask.

---

  Stefano Riva
  Software Engineer - Systems Administrator
  Informazioni Editoriali I.E. Srl
  Voice +39-02283151, Fax +39-0228315900
  Email sriva@alice.it