Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:59:19 +0200
From:      cpghost@cordula.ws
To:        Brett Wiggins <bawig1@student.monash.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setiathome

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 09:12:09PM +0000, Brett Wiggins wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am wondering which version of setiathome is best to install on FreeBSD 5.2.1 -RELEASE. linux-setiathome or setiathome?

You'll be fine with setiathome, which is the native FreeBSD version.
If you want to run linux-setiathome, you will need the linux dependencies
too.

However, seti@home is transitioning towads BOINC architecture.
AFAIK, there is no boinc or seti-boinc port yet in the tree.
You could either run the old setiathome binary (seti@home project
is still serving work units and collecting results from it), and
wait until someone adds boinc and seti-boinc to the ports tree,
or you could try to compile them yourself (and if you can, please
create the port for us).

> Brett

Cheers,
-cpghost.