Date:      Mon, 28 Jul 1997 09:06:47 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Lenzi, Sergio" <lenzi@bsi.com.br>
To:        FreeBSD Technical Reader <kernel@acromail.ml.org>
Cc:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>, Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com>, hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw divert, transparent proxy

On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, FreeBSD Technical Reader wrote:

> I know I could be banned for life for saying this --- but you could also
> use a linux machine and the ipmasquerading built into the kernel for doing
> this, there are no equivalent features in FreeBSD and it works much better
> than natd (Ipmasquerading is one of the things i miss from linux). Please
> forgive me for this sin.

Hello all,

I use FreeBSD 2.2.X and ip divert options on the firewall,
tied with a program (natd) network address translator daemon ant it works
great

I use it on a ISP ant all my clientes use net 192.168.x.x All have full
internet access (telnet,ftp,www,rpc,irc...) the whole thing works great.

wihthout any linux code...

I am very satisfied with natd.

Sergio Lenzi.

Unix consult.