Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 2002 22:44:48 +0100
From:      Marc Perisa <perisa@porsche.de>
To:        stacey@vickiandstacey.com
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/finance? WAS [make index fails with repeated "Warning: Duplicate INDEX entry: Stop in /usr/ports/finance" msgs]

Hi Stacey,

Stacey Roberts wrote:
> Sorry if this second post irks some, but in looking at the warnings /
> errors indicated in my earlier post I noted that there is a complaint
> about /usr/ports/finance.

(snip)

> Again, I'm somewhat puzzled by this. I'm not using any ports on this
> machine that uses / requires anything to do with financial pkgs nor have
> I installed any related ports.., What's this doing here, if its not
> actually listed at FreeBSD.org?

It is.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/finance/Makefile

> Like I said earlier (and confirmed from relevant timestamps), my ports
> tree was re-cvsup'ed within only an hour ago.
>
> Could someone that knows (or know's someone that does) fill me in on
> this / point me to where I might find out for myself, please?

That tree/files were added Mon Nov 18 9:42:26 2002 UTC by knu to the cvs
repository(as you can see on that page.)
Perhaps the web pages which give you an overview about what ports exists
were not updated yet.

But it is in the code repository. So it is offical and some one thought
that it may be useful. If you don't want that part of the ports tree
feel free to exclude it in your ports-cvsup file.

Hope that helps

Marc