Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 08:57:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Visigoth <visigoth@telemere.net>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Qlogic advice...

> 	I don't currently have any options for the ISP card, if I were to
> compile in options ISP_COMPILE_2100_FW=1 would I need anything else to
> make that work?
>
> 	I have attached some additional information, thanks for the help,
> if there is anything else that would help ( a case of bear, some sushi

It should. I should note that it does see the device on the way up. You need
to boot -v so I sould see what the resident firmware actually is.

And you said you simply just got an I/O error with no other message? None
other than 'pack invalidation'?

Hmm. Something ugly might be happening at the frame level. It's possible that
there's a disagreement about how to fill out residual in the FCP CMND_RSPNS
IU- I've once or twice seen problems with some devices disagreeing about this,
but this is usally with much older devices. The net effect of this would be
the system seeing a 'short' read or a write.

I may have to gen you some changes with some more debugging info.

-matt