Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:23:28 +0100
From:      Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CPUTYPE on k6-en problems?

* Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> [010704 21:07]:
> On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 11:25:32AM +0100, Rasputin wrote:
>
> > I built world over the weekend and since then I'm getting
> > major problems in using my STABLE box.
> >
> > login, sh and bash are all dumping smelly core files all over
> > the disk, and the box itself finally gets bored
> > and reboots after 20 minutes of this kind of nonsense.
>
> Well, the obvious thing to do is try making world (not just replacing
> a few binaries; the problem might be elsewhere) without the CPUTYPE
> setting and see if it persists.

Oh sure, the snag with that is the whole compiler setup is one
of the things that's breaking :)

Anyhoo, after a loooong night I seem to be back up(touch wood),
so I think I'll steer clear of funky compiler flags for a while.

Thanks.
--
"These are the propulsion systems used by NASA for the moonshots,"
		said Tom apologetically.