Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 23:38:52 +0200 (MET)
From:      Martin Kraft <kraft@hpcs14.dv.fal.de>
To:        maulwurf@subloch.medicusnet.de (Stefan Huerter)
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org, mjacob@feral.com
Subject:   Re: i/o error with larger QIC

Hello Matthew and Stefan,

thanks for your assistance!

Stefan Huerter wrote:

> Try:
> mt blocksize 0
> This should work for you, too. I hope so :-)

What's that?!?!?!

I typed "mt blocksize 0", and -- the first time -- I could tar -t and
tar -x a file from my old DC 6525. Great! So far :-(

I extracted a small file close to the beginning of the tape. It took
just a few seconds (as usual) and the file was on my disk.

But after that, the tape didn't rewind and stop, as it did in former time,
it now is rewinding forwards and backwards since more than 30 minutes.

What a surprise

Martin Kraft

P.S. 35 minutes. Just another turn. I will kill the tar process, because
I don't have a fire extinguisher at home ... Very strange ...