Date:      Fri, 28 Aug 1998 19:11:06 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Thomas Gellekum <tg@ihf.rwth-aachen.de>, Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: comment on new categories?

On Tue, Jul 28, 1998 at 08:36:19AM +0200, Thomas Gellekum wrote:
> asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami) writes:
>
> > What do people think about the following new categories?
> >
> > deskutils
> > x11-fms (file managers)
> > x11-wms (window managers)
> > x11-widgets
>
> Do we need to be so terse? `x11-windowmanagers' would be fine with
> me. `filemanagers' could be a broader category including some of the
> filemanglers from misc (ytree, mc, ...).

I like the terse version. This has the advantage, that build
and run dependencies nearly always fit into a better looking
80 columns scheme.

If the names are too long, then the chance of wrapped around
lines is much higher and such lines look ugly for me.

For me it's a matter of style and functionality.

My $0.02

--
Andreas Klemm                                http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
     What gives you 90% more speed, for example, in kernel compilation ?