Date:      Fri, 2 Nov 2001 11:40:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/31657: syslogd stop processing remote host log after a while

The following reply was made to PR bin/31657; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To: David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, wid@epita.fr
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 11:34:27 -0800

 On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 10:13:50AM +0000, David Malone wrote:
 > On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 10:50:04PM -0800, Crist J. Clark wrote:
 > >  This is more of something for freebsd-questions.
 >
 > Actually - I think this might be a duplicate of
 >
 > 	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=31029
 >
 > which contains a patch.

 I wonder if this isn't what really is happening, but the originator
 claimed he could still see syslog packets going over the wire to the
 server, but the server was not responding. Before we tell him to
 patch, we need to figure out if the packets are getting to the log
 host or not.