Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 10:14:03 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's aggressive keyboard probe/attach

In message <200108120813.RAA26578@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp> Kazutaka YOKOTA writes:
: For the last few years, I have struggled to figure out the contents of
: packets sent by various mice.  No, I have not published a manual or
: notes (other than code itself and CVS logs) to describe what I have
: found. I know I should do that.  I simply haven't had time.  Don't
: accuse me of being lazy. It's volunteer project! People do what s/he
: can do in his/her spare time!

Yokota-san,
	I've had 2 mice that haven't worked with FreeBSD since you
started doing the mice support.  Both of them were defective mice
(took them back to the store and exchanged them for an identical mouse
that worked).  Every weird, oddball mouce that I've ever tried on many
different machines have just worked.  In those cases where there were
problems, you've been extremely helpful in getting me enough
information to fix the problem (usually it boiled down to a
configuration issue).  I've thought of many kind words to describe
your efforts, and "lazy" has never been one of them.

	I think that it is summer and people like to complain more
than in the winter.  It happens every year and is hard to not take
personally.

Warner