Date:      Sat, 08 Sep 2012 22:30:21 +0100
From:      Peter Molnar FreeBSD <freebsd-current@3mail4.co.uk>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Gnome2 Samba copy freezing

Hi,

I have got Gnome2 fresh installation from packages and I'm experiencing
problems with copying files from Samba server to Gnome2 Desktop.
The problem is that copying always freeze after 1GB data. When I mount
it as root with mount_smbfs command it works.
When I tried to run Samba server on Gnome box speed dropped from 30MB/s
to 3MB/s and after reach 1GB copying was frozen again.

I suspected Nautilus so I reinstalled it from ports. It freeze just as
before. There is nothing in logs.
I tried to find more information but without success.
Any idea how to fix it or direction where/what to check?

My system is 9.0, proc i7 with 6GB mem, plenty of disk space... Samba
Server FreeBSD 9.0 Stable works well with other systems.

PM
http://morpheushosting.sk