Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 11:44:51 -0400
From:      "McClain, Michael (SD-EX)" <MMcClain@gi.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: stty assignment

If as you say stty assignments must be one character, then that explains why
my feeble attempts have failed. I didn't notice limit in the man pages but
will re-read. Since I'm sure stty is called after the kernal has loaded
keymaps, I hadn't even considered such a limit.
I must admit to being a little confused about when and where it's best to
configure the keyboard beyond choice of keymap. I've read man pages, the
Handbook, 'Complete FreeBSD', Keyboard Howtos and anything else I can get my
hands on but have yet to see clearly how to do what I want to do.

In a similar vein, my reply to a previous message of yours got bounced back
to me as undeliverable so here's the gist of it.

> In /usr/share/syscons/keymaps/<your keymap>
>
>   092   nscr   nscr   debug  debug  nop    nop    nop    nop     O
>
> If you change the second ``nscr'' to ``pscr'' then Shift-PrScr will switch
> to the previous vty.

I tried this but when I tried to reload the keymap,I got error unrecognized
call.
I'm using FreeBSD 3.4 straight off the CD, yours is newer?
TTFN, MiKe

PS: FreeBSD kbdcontrol ~= linux loadkey?
TIA, MiKe