Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 1997 13:38:31 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Robert Nordier <rnordier@iafrica.com>
To:        kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: installing freebsd

Kevin Eliuk wrote:

> > > I've noticed a lot of reports of problems with fdimage. I couldn't have it
> > > work for me. You will probably have greater luck with rawrite.exe.
> > >
> > 	I tried, no luck.  The image is 1.474M and the disk is 1.456M!
> > Rawrite tells me something about an ending marker problem.

[ ... ]

> P.S. I did try fdimage again just to see and recieved the error message:
> 		`sector not found' on a freshly formatted floppy.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who is experiencing reproducible
problems with `fdimage', and would be prepared to spend a few
minutes running a debugging version of the program, and send me
the output.

`Fdimage' was intended to replace `rawrite', which has significant
problems of its own; and it would be useful to have a utility that
works reliably for everyone.

If anyone can assist, please mail me directly, and I'll send an
updated version of the program which includes a debugging option.

Thanks.

--
Robert Nordier