Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:00:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        hselasky@c2i.net
Cc:        usb@freebsd.org, freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: umass troubleshooting FAQ

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:47:36 +0100

> On Sunday 13 January 2008, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> > I think it would be useful to mine the PR database for common umass
> > problems that are solved by hints.  There's a bunch of 'my umass is
> > broken' with no patch, but a few that have fixes that could be used.
> > Or a few that can be looked up in the code that have been fixed.
> >
> > Any takers?
>
> Should we have a separate bugathon on IRC/SIP/AIM/ICQ ... for USB ?

No.

This item isn't about fixing bugs at all.

This item is about telling people how to fix N well known problems
with devices that need quirks.

Eg, if your new device sees a 'No Sync Supported' message, then do
XYZ.

If you see stalls in with these messages, do ABC.

If you see a stall with those messages, do DEF.

While it might be useful to have a bug-a-thon, without having this
sort of cheat sheet many of the bugs in gnats won't be resolvable.

Warner