Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 1997 09:55:53 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        S ren Schmidt <sos@sos.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        lederer@bonn-online.com (Sebastian Lederer), hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP 7100i

In message <199710090744.JAA04641@sos.freebsd.dk> S ren Schmidt writes:
: As far as I know there has been no work done on this yet. I even
: have no idea how they do this but I presume they use the ATAPI
: extensions for this, so it _could_ look like the SCSI counterparts.
: I'm afraid that support for this is not very likely, without someone
: either does the job (requieres pretty solid kernel hacking experience)
: or donates a drive to the FreeBSD project.

I'd love to see the ability to have IDE ATAPI drives be treated just
like SCSI that has the bad taste to have IDE as its transport.  Then
again, I'm biased, since I have a ATAPI parallel cdrom that I'd like
to see treated just like SCSI with the horrible manner to want to go
over a parallel port.

Justin, how possible is this with CAM :-)?

Warner