Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 00:09:07 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        barbish@a1poweruser.com
Cc:        FBSDQ <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Three nics routing problem

Joe & Fhe Barbish wrote:
> You need      gateway="YES'  in your /etc/rc.conf file

Hi Joe and everyone else involved,

First thanks to y'all.

Second, nope. The trick is downing the ed0 interface on the test box. That
one found it 'convenient' to use the coax channel for outgoing info. I.e.
info directed to the true gateway. So even when a packet got in on the UTP
it went out on the coax.

Once that interface went down on the test box it stopped that silly behavior.

Ah well, I hadn't expected that one <g>.

Roelof

PS that (gateway) was reflected in the net.inet.ip.forwarding parameter