Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:38:01 +0930
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Interesting info about 3Dfx

I got this of the 3dfx.glide.linux newsgroup..

> It turns out we had a last minute scheduling problem with my 3Dfx trip
> this weekend, and the engineer I needed to meet with isn't available.
> We're going to have to reschedule it for another weekend. More
> information as I've got it. I'm not sure next weekend is going to work,
> so it may need to be the one after that.
>
> The V2 port is done and seem to be working. I'm going to go ahead and
> productize it some more while I wait to get the Rush trip scheduled.
> Hopefully I'll be able to get that all together shortly. Mainly I need
> to cleanup /dev/3dfx, get 3Dfx to OK the source release of /dev/3dfx
> since it doesn't really include any of their code that shouldn't be a
> problem, and making an RPM.

The last paragraph is quite interesting :)
I think it means that he is trying to get 3dfx to release the kernel level
source drivers for a Voodoo driver for Linux.. Mmm.. port time =)

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |