Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 2000 21:27:45 -0500
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        "R Joseph Wright" <rjoseph@mammalia.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: amd k6-2 550 vs p2 300

hmmm...that link is broken for me, so I don't know what it has to say.  I
have played around with the "aftermarket" chips from time to time and I
always seem to come back to Intel.  Intel processors always seem to cost a
bit more than the competition, but Intel ususally finds a way to make them
faster.  (Yes, sometimes it is by Gorillaing developers into using their
special instructions)

I guess this thread has gotten away from us a little.  I am  willing to say
that it is possible for a k6-2 550 to be faster than as p2-300 in some
applications.  I am confident, though, that a p2 is faster than a k6-2 of
equal clock speed due to the superior architecture of the p2.

Anyone who wished to argue further with me on this will have to come to
Paetzel labs in Minnesota to convince me.  (Prepare to be smoked in Unreal
Tournament)  Send email for directions.

Josh