Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 22:12:34 +0900
From:      "Photon.Graphics@Bigfoot.com" <photon.graphics@bigfoot.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Two install problems with 3.0

Sorry for posting this again but I didn't get an answer....

I am trying to install version 3.0 on my 486DX4/100 box and am
experiencing two of problems:

1) The uncompressing of the kernel (from a floppy boot of the install
program) seems to take a very long time (like minutes).

2) The SCSI driver for my card (Adaptec AHA-1520) doesn't seem to
appear on either the boot probing nor the full-screen kernel
configuration. On previous versions of FreeBSD device aic0 appeared.
With version 3.0, device aic0 seems to be missing.
This problem i serious because both my source (CD-ROM) and destination
hard disk are on the SCSI device that the install program can't see.

Any clues as to what is going on here?

Thanks in advance.

--
Stephen M Brown